Follow @tinyrexwrecks

Monday 22 February 2021

Squirrels and wolves and bears, oh my!

I've been playing with symmetry again but this time I wanted to use it as a base for an image, with different parts on each side to show a seasonal shift.  I started again with my stag motif.  I wanted it to feel very Highland but the bears and wolves are pure artistic license.



I've enjoyed playing more with line and limited colour lately. These feel like an evolution of my advent illustrations which you can see here.  

Here is the original pencil drawing  I only drew half and then copied and flipped it in photoshop so I had two sides.  The animals were drawn separately.


The line work was done in Procreate and the colour was added in Photoshop.  
A few close ups.








I'd like to explore line work like this for book chapter headings or cover art but for now it's very new and something I enjoy playing with.


No comments:

Post a Comment